Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog 2: Analysis


Generra Johnson
6 September 2012
ENG 3029-01
Professor Chandler
Blog 2: Analysis
            Analysis is, “the process…of studying [any] methods [or] materials,” (www.dictionary.com), and coming to a concrete conclusion about the object, and then a hypothesis is formed afterwards. Analysis is basically classifying an object, and it is also naming that object. How analysis works is you identify an object, you count the object, and you see if the object has any specific characteristics. Lastly, you see if the object comes in patterns, then you code it, which is naming the object, and last you classify it with other objects that are similar to it.
            How I would use analysis to see how words are translated is: first, I would identify the one word like cat, next I would count how many letters it has. Then I would choose a language to translate the word, like the language Spanish, in which the word is called el gato. Next, I would count how many letters are in the Spanish word for cat. After that I would see if the two words have distinct characteristics and patterns. Lastly, I would make a hypothesis, code the words, and classify them in a group.

3 comments:

  1. Generra,

    How would you use this process when it comes to using it regarding your topic of choice? I like your example, it actually clear a lot up when understanding analysis on a clear basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you defined the term analysis. Also, you explained the step by step ptocess clearly and it was easy to follow. I like how you gave an example on the research you want to do for class. However, I was a little confused by it, but I look forward to you explaining it to me during class/blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you define analysis. It was thorough and easy to understand. Your example using the word cat was good. I look forward to reading more about your research.

    ReplyDelete