Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog 9: Group Assignment on Editing Papers


Generra Johnson
2 October 2012
ENG 3029-01
Professor Chandler

Blog 9: Group Assignment on Editing Papers
The people in the group are: Shana, Andrea, and Generra.

We decided to use the paper that I wrote (Andrea) for the assignment. These are our ideas and comments so far.

Question:

What features of the comments give information for the revision of the paper?

Coding of the Comments:
  1. No negative comments, but positive feedback.
  2. Supports the student in a positive manner.
  3. Encourages the student to keep writing and edit where necessary, without being aggressive.
  4. Gives examples of sources that can be used.
  5. Explains what needs work and follows up with how to "fix" the revision.
Student Reactions:

Andrea - This was my paper that we were working on. I did not have any hard feelings about the comments from my professor. I thought I was doing the assignment wrong, but I was assured that I was not, and it gave me hope that I will complete the paper without worrying too much about it. To me it was all positive feedback.

Shana -

Generra -

Pose a Question:

We did not get this far yet. We have no question as of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment