Friday, November 16, 2012

Blog 20: Introductions and Literature Reviews and Questions


Generra Johnson
16 November 2012
ENG 3029-01
Professor Chandler
Blog 20: Introductions and Literature Reviews and Questions

1.      My strengths of writing for my introduction are: my research question and introducing my source Janice Radway’s Reading the Romance. I need to work on how to make my introduction simple and smooth, so the audience can understand the research paper. My strength of writing for the review of literature is: my sources. I need to work on identifying and defining special language.

2.      The research problem identified in my introduction is: what are the features of modern day romances, and are the features different from the ones of Radway’s time? I wrote that my research project will show what types of romances are liked and not liked by different people. That is how my project contributes to the writing studies.

3.      The other researcher that found answers to my research question is Janice Radway the author of the book, Reading the Romance, and what she found was concrete and interesting. In her book people liked mystery and romance, or adventure and romance. The research that Radway found that is related to my research was the types of themes and plots are wanted in a romance novel.

4.      How I connect my findings in question three to my project is the plots and the type of romances that people liked or did not like are connected to my project. In other words, Radway looked up many questions that had to do with romance, and the people that answered her questions helped her research along, just like her book helps my research along as well.

5.      My plan for finishing my introduction and literature review is to complete both with details about the research essay and details about my resource Reading the Romance by Janice Radway.

6.      The feedback that I want from Professor Chandler is: any feedback that will improve my research essay. I want feedback on everything- the introduction, the body of the essay, the conclusion, and on the work cited.

No comments:

Post a Comment